Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
Yield: 1 Liter
½ cup (115 ml) heavy cream
1 ½ cup (350 ml) whole milk
100g cane sugar
5 egg yolks
125g K+M Dark Morceaux (77%)
- Place Morceaux in mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg yolks in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine heavy cream, milk, and sugar in a heavy bottom sauce pot. Bring to a quick scald, then remove from heat.
- Ladle 2 ounces of hot liquid into egg yolks, stirring constantly, to temper the eggs.
- Add tempered yolk mixture back to pot with remaining liquid, and stir to combine.
- Return pot to heat source, and stir with rubber spatula.
- Cook until mixture is nape, or coats the back of the spatula.
- Strain hot mixture with fine mesh strainer over chopped chocolate. Whisk to mix.
- Once chocolate is melted and incorporated, place pot over ice bath, and cool completely.
- Follow instructions on ice cream maker.
Chocolate Olive Oil Crumble
1/3 cup (65g) K+M Dark Chocolate Morceaux, chipped
1/3 cup (65g) MANNI “Per Mi Figlio” extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup (70g) sugar
1/3 cup (65g) dark brown sugar
½ cup (45g) dark cocoa powder
1 cup (140g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
1 large egg
Yield: 1 pound crumble topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine the K+M Chocolate and olive oil in a double boiler and warm just until the chocolate melts and is pliable.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Paddle to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Add the egg and olive oil / chocolate mixture to the mixer and paddle at low speed until all the ingredients come together.
- Gradually increase the speed to high and process until the dough is crumbly and resembles uncompacted asphalt.
- Spread the mixture out onto a parchment-lined sheet pan into a single layer. Break up any larger clumps of dough with your fingers.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crisp.
- Allow to cool then store in an air-tight container until needed.